2020/2021 Science & Technology Postgraduate Scholarships
December 3, 2020 at 10:5
The Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) is inviting suitably qualified Zambians to apply for ten (10) PhD and ten (10) MSc Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year, of which 70% will go to females and 30% to males.
These Scholarships are tenable in any of the following fields of study; Geology, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Pharmacognosy, Forensics, Renewable Energy, Food Science, Agriculture, Nutrition, Pathology, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Mining, Fourth Industrial revolution courses (41 R) Nuclear Science and Technology, Space Science and Technology, and Education with Science subjects. This is in line with the Ministry’s long term objective of promoting a cadre of researchers at postgraduate level, especially increased participation of women in Science and Technology studies for the purposes of lecturing in the universities or conduct research in the scientific institutions.
The Scholarships will be offered to candidates who will meet the following requirements:
1. Must be Zambian and in possession of a Green National Registration Card (NRC);
2. Must have a full grade 12 certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels
3. Must possess letters of acceptance from a recognized accredited local Public Universities;
4. PhD applicants must have a Master of Science Degree or its equivalent in a science related field which is an acceptable prerequisite to the field being applied for;
5. MSc applicants must have a Bachelor of Science or its equivalent in a science related field;
6. Maximum age of 40 years for Male and 45 years for Female at MSc, and
7. Maximum age of 45 years for male and 50 years for female at PhD
The Applicants should submit the following:
1. An application letter responding to the advertisement;
2. Validated copies of Degree Certificates by ZAQA, official transcripts of results, photocopy of NRC;
3. A photocopy of the acceptance Letter from a recognized accredited local Public University ,
4. Letters of recommendation from employers. However, those in informal employment must submit supporting documents showing their entrepreneurship in science and technology related field;
5. Two recent passport size photos of the candidate;
6. A duly completed application form obtained from the Ministry of Higher Education, Lusaka or you can download it by clicking here
7. Curriculum Vitae with names and addresses of three (3) traceable referees; and
8. Any other documents in support of the application.
Note that successful candidates shall be bonded either by their employer, according to their institutional training policy, and by the Ministry of Higher Education, for the duration equivalent to the period of the sponsorship.
Applications must be clearly marked “S&T Postgraduate Scholarship” and must be submitted to the email: email@example.com or to the following address;
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Higher Education
P.O. Box 50464,
Los Angeles Boulevard,
Attention. Director Science and Technology
For more information, please contact the Ministry of Higher Education firstname.lastname@example.org or email email@example.com
+260 211 252 411
Note: Only successful candidates will be communicated to 11th December, 2020
Closing Date: 11th December 2020